What else am I going to do for 35 hours?
I actually had been looking forward to being alone, being bored, having time to reflect on the experience, and get organized (and try not to think of things I forgot) for awhile. I figured 35 hours wouldn’t be so bad with all this on my mind.
The train was such a sharp contrast between 14 people in a 2 bedroom flat and being alone in a room on the train with 2 empty beds. I could leave things out again without them being touched or moved. I would come back from somewhere and not have people sitting on my bed or things everywhere. I’m not complaining, it was an awesome experience with great people, but I almost forgot what having privacy and my own space was like.
Now I’m more homesick as I’m getting closer to home. Part of it is too that I’m less busy, less people are around me, and there’s more time to think about it.
I was settled pretty well in Kiev. Now I’m out of my comfort zone again. It’s nice. I shouldn’t ever let myself get too used to a place and not be challenged.
I think I could survive longer abroad, if I was more prepared. I think this is good to know when heading to Asia for a year. Maybe people could come and visit, or I would pack more. Or at least have a better connection to the internet than Ukraine haha.
The more I think about it, the more I think how my English has gotten worse. I think the other interns’ level of English is now maybe better. Just reading a book or trying to write something I struggle to think of the word I want or just use a simpler word instead. I might also be even worse at spelling. It’s a weird feeling.
I’ll get it back soon I think. I’m not sure how it will be after being in Asia for a whole year and then starting law school asap, haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment