Even though I was in Kiev for about six weeks, there is still a pretty long list of things I wanted to see but never got the chance to. It’s weird to be in a place and live but also want to still see it as a tourist. We joked one night that we would just take photos of the things in the tourist book we had and tell people we actually had seen them in person. There were lots of excuses for not going I guess haha. Some nights we were just too tired after teaching all day, or it was too hot, or things closed early, or our weekends and nights were filled up with festivals and practices, or waiting around for people, or new interns came and wanted to see the important stuff so we did it twice. It’s weird to think how much I must have missed in the other cities in Europe that I only spent a couple days in, unless Kiev just has an awful lot to see. This is what I missed:
Pyrohovo: A Ukrainian folk village with houses and windmills that are replicas from different ethnic groups and time periods.
Botanical gardens
Kiev fort
Holy intercession monastery
Catholic church
Just going to a pub to drink
Seeing an opera
Going to a movie in English
Not that long of a list I guess. I’ll still have to go back someday. I forgot to buy a Kiev shot glass too somehow.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment