You would have them too if you were all by yourself on trains for hours and hours. Don’t worry, none of this is profound, I’m just bored.
There are definitely benefits and downfalls of travelling alone. If you know me, you know I’m an anxious person. I’m usually late, but somehow it bugs me to wait for other people. When you’re travelling by yourself you wait for no one and no one waits for you. While it is nice to have people in your pictures, and around for general conversations, I also set my own schedule, and stayed at things exactly as long as I wanted to, and saw only what I was interested in.
It’s weird to visit people in interesting places. This is especially true if you just saw them in Halifax a couple weeks ago and now you’re staying at their place in the Alps. The crappy part is that you leave but they stay there. I like using phrases like “Ok, meet you by the Louvre in 20 minutes” though. I was too busy and messaged people last minute to meet any of the German AIESECers when I was through on my first run, so hopefully on my way home in July we’ll get to meet up.
Ever been so tired while travelling in a foreign place that you can’t even tell if you’re speaking the local language or your own? Maybe mutter a phrase, half in English, half in French, but when you’re done, you don’t know which.
Is this an overnight train? Do I have a bunk or a seat?
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha I think your more impatient than anxious...:P And definitely think for the whirlwind trip you've had to make it to your internship, doing it solo was probably best!!
ReplyDelete