Paris is such a cool city. I’m so glad I finally got to see it in person. It is also one of the few places my sister has been and I haven’t, so take that, haha. Paris is also way more exciting if you’ve just finished reading the Bourne Identity, a spy novel that takes place mostly in Paris, like I have. Just like New York City, it’s awesome to see all these famous landmarks that you’ve seen 100 times in movies and on TV.
I got in on the train around 8:30pm. I wanted to make it back downtown in time before the Louvre closed at 10, because it’s free for students from the EU on Friday nights, and I was going to lie. By the time I checked into my hostel and took the Metro back in, I didn’t make it. I got to see everything all lit up though, which was still cool. I watched the sun set while walking down the Champs D’Elysees towards the Arc du Triomphe. I also got to see the Eiffel Tower lit up. I went right to bed, and got up early to try and see everything.
Having a Metro pass for the day was only 5,50€ and the subway system goes almost everywhere. I saw the Cathedral de la Sacre Cour and Moulin Rouge in the MonteMartre area. I went to la Defense and saw the business district and le Grange Arche. I walked around the Latin Quarter seeing Notre Dame, Sorbonne, and the church from the di Vinci code with the Rose Line in it. I saw the Pantheon, a bunch of other churches and famous buildings, and then I met up with Fadi and Erin and their crew after their bus tour. We chilled at a cafe for a bit and then walked around the gardens outside the Louvre. I could totally live here.
No comments:
Post a Comment