Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First post - Where am I going and why?


Hey everyone,

This past semester was crazy, so I'm sorry if we haven't kept in touch as much as I like. This past 5 years was even crazier and this Friday I'll be all done my BSc. at Saint Mary's. I'm graduating with a double major in Environmental Studies (Honours) and Biology. I've been involved with an internation society at SMU called AIESEC. If I haven't told you all about it already, or if I don't know you from being in AIESEC, we facilitated international internships in 109 countries around the world. AIESEC is the world's largest student run organization. I have helped in Halifax since first year to recruit new members, welcome interns from around the world to our city, and most recently helped to plan a national conference at SMU for 180 delegates from 28 universities across Canada.

In less than a week I will be heading to the Ukraine to work for and NGO called World Without Borders. This is a national initiative in Ukraine to run workshops/summer camps for children aged 10-15. I will be working at the camps in Kiev with 10 other interns from around the world. We will be facilitating sessions about our own countries and culture, leadership development, time management, public speaking, and environmental issues, among others. I'm really excited to get there and start working over the next month and a half. I will also be travelling around Western Europe a bit before and after the internship, hopefully meeting up with some friends along the way as well. Check back here for updates, hopefully I'm not too busy and I can post stuff regularly.

Adam

2 comments:

  1. Ow wow Adam! This sounds so exciting :)
    Congrats on graduation, and congrats on the new job! Sounds like you will have so much fun, and you will do awesomely well I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! Congrats on the new fancy job and all that to you too

    ReplyDelete